Last year I wrote a blog post about all my favorite purchases of 2017, so to keep the tradition alive… here we are again! I just reviewed that post and its interesting to go back and see what I loved that year. Some of the items on my list were gifts and some were purchased by me – either way they have been well loved.
1. Vlogging Camera – clearly blogging and vlogging has turned into a huge passion of mine. Until this year, I had been vlogging on my iPhone. It worked fine but I was ready to get a big girl vlog camera! I used the money I made off YouTube and invested. I love using it, rather than my phone.
2. Magnolia Doll House – this was purchased for my daughter Harper but I had secretly been wanting it for a year! Its SOOO freaking cute and she loves it so much! It works well with the wooden peg people I make too. I can see this house being passed down through the generations!
3. Watercolor Family Portrait – I had been eyeing Audrey Sue Design’s watercolors for a long time. I finally decided to pull the trigger and get our family! This is now one of my most prized possessions. I love it so much. It sits framed on our bedroom dresser so I can enjoy it every day.
4. Oh Joy Luggage – sometimes you need to get things just because they are cute ;-). I was drooling over this luggage and then my mom and dad bought it for me! We got some good use out of it in 2018 and I can’t wait to use it for our travels this year too!
5. Lash Boost – I’ve always had super short lashes, so I thought I’d give the Roden and Fields Lash Boost a try. IT WORKED! I mean I don’t have lashes that look like falsies but they are significantly longer than they had been.
6. 5 Love Languages Book – this is a game changer for your marriage! I think it should be a law that couples read this before getting married. Seriously. Even if you aren’t having problems… you need to read it.
7. Leather Earrings – these have changed the game for me! I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to regular earrings. I have always been a “dangly” earring person but they are so heavy and give me headaches. Leather earrings are lightweight, I forget I’m wearing them. The teardrop shape is my favorite!
8. Toddler Hunter Boots – You need a good shoe that just slides right on your toddlers feet? Get some Hunters! Having twins makes you appreciate small things like shoes that they can put on themselves when you’re trying to leave the house. These are magic, I swear.
9. Toddler Trampoline – Harper and Mason received a Little Tykes trampoline for their birthday this year. We got SOOO much use out of that sucker this summer. I honestly can’t wait to set it back up again this year. I love that it comes with a slide, net and stairs!
10. Backyard Fence – Sticking with the outdoor theme.. we fenced in our backyard this year and it was such a good decision. I am able to open the door, let the babies run out and play. I just sit on the porch and read! We have a swing set, the trampoline, a mini “roller coaster”, a playhouse and more! Not having to chase them through the yard or make sure they don’t run into the road is the best! Counting down the days until warm weather!!
What were some of your favorite purchases of 2018? Anything stick out in your mind? Please share!