Every year sending them off to school gets a little easier. However, this is their last year in elementary! Next year they are big old middle schoolers!! Time flies! I will be cherishing all the little things they won’t be doing anymore, like passing out valentine’s or walking in the halloween parade at school! *INSERT MAMA TEARS HERE*
They had a summer packed full of fun things but I think
they are ready I’m ready for a more structured schedule again. I hate the early mornings but I love the early nights and getting back into a routine.
5th grade is going to be a lot different for them. Even though they are in the same school, they get a little more independence. This year they are in the same swap class, which means they share two teachers who teach them different subjects throughout the day. McKenzie will be in A class learning three subjects and Kasey will be in B class – then they switch. At least that’s my understanding so far. They got to choose their lockers (right next to each other) and they are responsible for a school issued laptop!
McKenzie is also doing band this year! She chose to play the clarinet. I did band for a couple years in elementary school too but it didn’t stick with me.. so we will see how she likes it. They are both doing sideline cheer again. I love waking up on Saturday mornings and heading to the football field! I hope they continue doing it for years to come!
Last night they went to bed at 9 – that’s super early for them. We spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn their alarm clock back on.
This morning, their Doey had surprise donuts waiting for them for breakfast. I got them the rings as a little back to school gift too. I’m not joking when I say they were literally ready and waiting by the door 30 minutes before they even needed to go to the bus stop (then the bus was like 25 minutes late too!!) That usually wears off after the first week! 😉
Look who photobombed their photos this morning! haha I could just eat him up!! I can’t believe how beautiful and grown the girls look here! UGH! Here’s to another good school year!! *POURS COFFEE*
Last year at the start of school, I asked the girls a bunch of questions, just to see how their answers change through the years. You can find a free printable HERE with the same questions! It’s something fun to do each year and they will love looking back on their answers when they get older!
- Who is your favorite person in the world?
- Kasey: Mommy
- McKenzie: Kasey
- What is your favorite color?
- Kasey: Blue
- McKenzie: Pink
- What is your favorite T.V. show?
- Both: Full House
- What do you like to wear?
- Kasey: Jumpsuits
- McKenzie: Dresses
- What is your favorite song?
- Kasey: When I Grow Up – NF
- McKenzie: Shallow – Lady Gaga
- What is your favorite food?
- Kasey: Cereal
- McKenzie: Spaghetti
- Who is your best friend?
- Kasey: Sophia
- McKenzie: Paige
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- McKenzie: Veterinarian
- Kasey: Teacher
- What is your favorite book?
- Kasey: Harry Potter
- McKenzie: Don’t have any
- What is something you’re really good at?
- Kasey: Being a good child
- McKenzie: Being nice to Kasey
- Where do you want to go on vacation?
- Kasey: Florida
- McKenzie: California
- What is your favorite memory?
- Kasey: When you asked who my best friend was and I said McKenzie and McKenzie said Santa Clause
- McKenzie: When Kasey broke her wrist in Florida
- What would you buy if you won a million dollars?
- Kasey: A castle
- McKenzie: A cat
- Who is your hero?
- Kasey: Mommy
- McKenzie: Mommy
- What do you like to do with your best friends?
- Kasey: Play
- McKenzie: Hang out
- What is a goal for yourself this year?
- Kasey: To get a higher level in reading
- McKenzie: Higher level in reading
- What is your favorite part about school?
- Kasey: Hanging out with my friends
- McKenzie: Lunch
- What is your favorite drink?
- Kasey: Rootbeer
- McKenzie: Orange Pop
- What are you scared of?
- Kasey: Tower of Terror
- McKenzie: Upside down rides
- If you could be an animal, what would you be?
- Kasey: a mystical unicorn
- McKenzie: a cat
- What is something your thankful for?
- Kasey: My family
- McKenzie: to have a sister 2 minutes younger than me
- What is the best thing about being a kid?
- Kasey: We get toys
- McKenzie: You can ride fun rides without a parent
- What makes you happy when you’re sad?
- Kasey: When I get food
- McKenzie: Kasey’s jokes
- What will you name your first child?
- Kasey: Harry
- McKenzie: Luna
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Both: Christmas