It can be really hard to buy for a newborn-6 month old baby. They’re at an age where they are just discovering new things, not very mobile and they honestly aren’t going to care what you get them. Since my little babes are 5 months old now and lots of people are asking me what they should get them for the holidays, I wanted to put together a little gift guide. I also like to shop small whenever possible so all items featured are from small shops! I’m ALWAYS stalking Instagram or Etsy for the cutest baby items. When you shop small you are going to find handmade (aka WELL made) items that most likely your recipient doesn’t already have. Here is a list of useful gifts that both mom and baby will appreciate. 🙂
- PERSONALIZED BLANKIE – your babe can never have enough soft cozy blankets. Take your gift a step further and get one personalized! Boco Baby has the cutest options for boys and girls.
- PACIFIER CLIP – this will be a gift that they can use well into their walking days. The simplicity of this clip is what I love! It can go with so many outfits! Check out all the other colors Sophia Claire has to offer.
- CRUNCHY PAPER – babies love anything that is easy to grab onto and make a lot of noise. This is the perfect and VERY affordable gift for just that. The ones pictured are from Piper Loves Nella.
- NURSERY DECOR – Catshy Crafts has the CUTEST nursery décor items. I love this woodland deer embroidery hoop because it is three dimensional. Check out her personalized ones too!
- HEIRLOOM DOLLS – these are my absolute favorite! These handmade dolls/animals are SO detailed and beautiful. It is the perfect gift if you want your little one to cherish it forever. The unicorn pictured is from Tulip and Bunny.
- ACCESSORIES – I want to note that when you shop small, most likely the shop will do custom orders for you. Sprispals is my go-to for custom hair bows and accessories. She even makes tiny bowties for boys. Obsessed!
- BANDANA BIBS – a baby must have! Functional yet stylish. Perfect for those babes that like to ruin their outfits with drool. 🙂 Kishu Baby has so many styles and colors for both boys and girls.
- PLAY GYM – I am loving this wooden play gym by Finn + Emma. Babies can just lay right under it and grab for the cute toys. Bonus is that it is gender neutral!
- WOODEN TEETHER – I think these wooden teethers are so cute! Way better then the plastic ones (my opinion). Two Dreams has so many cute fabrics to choose from too!
- BOPPY PILLOW COVER – when you’re a first time mom you don’t realize everything you should register for. Extra Boppy covers are one of those things that get forgotten. Karolina Designs has amazing covers, unlike many found in retail stores. Check her shop out!
*All pictures come from the shop websites linked.
Leave a Reply